Wednesday 4 December 2013

♥ ADONAI's WORDS Have Life And Power! I Challenge You To Try Using It!

In the day when I cried out, YOU answered me and made me bold with strength in my soul. The LORD will perfect that which concerns me; YOUR mercy, O LORD, endures for ever, (Psalm 138 : 3, 8).

During the second World War, in April 1943, the Scottish priest, Donald Caskie, was imprisoned for assisting allied soldiers to flee from France. He later wrote this of his imprisonment.

-It was an extremely humiliating experience that could easily lead one to despair. But my knowledge of The BIBLE preserved me. Now his BIBLE had been confiscated, but he said, I had it in my heart and in my memory, and that supported my faith, my spirit and my mental balance.

In another prison Caskie saw the names of numerous prisoners scratched on the walls of his cell. He added the following:Thus says The LORD, Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; you are MINE. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; When you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you and when you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, (Isaiah 43 : 1 - 2). With these words he thought of other prisoners and prayed that GOD might grant them peace.

In yet another prison an inmate told Caskie his story: I was about to put an end to my life to escape torture, when I discovered some words on the wall of my cell that stopped me and gave me comfort and strength. I shall never forget those words. They were the verses that Caskie had scratched on the wall. GOD had heard his prayer, and HIS WORD had yet again proved its life-giving power.

Taken from The Good Seed.

GOD's Words have power. They are living and active and is sharper than any double-edged sword, piercing even to the point of dividing soul from spirit and joints from marrow; it is able to judge the desires and thoughts of the heart, (Hebrews 4:12).

AS THE RAIN AND THE SNOW COME DOWN FROM HEAVEN AND DO NOT RETURN TO IT WITHOUT WATERING THE EARTH AND MAKING IT BUD AND FLOURISH, SO THAT IT YIELDS SEED FOR THE SOWER AND BREAD FOR THE EATER,
SO IS MY WORD THAT GOES OUT FROM MY MOUTH: IT WILL NOT RETURN TO ME EMPTY, BUT WILL ACCOMPLISH WHAT I DESIRE AND ACHIEVE THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH I SENT IT, (Isaiah 55 : 10, 11).

Taken from The HOLY BIBLE and put here at HIS command. Amen!





No comments:

Post a Comment