Friday 22 November 2013

♥ Accept JESUS Today! You Might Not Get Another Chance!

How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were unwilling,(Matthew 23:37).

On my way to the grocer's shop I have to pass a piece of land that is carefully tended and pleasing to the eye. I have regularly had the opportunity to chat over the fence with the owner, who was often working in his garden.

We didn't just talk about the weather; we even spoke about the matter of life after death. My neighbor was genuinely curious to know where the journey went when he left this scene for ever. It gave me the opportunity to speak to him about eternal life, which JESUS CHRIST grants to all who believe in HIM.

I proposed giving this friendly gentleman a Gospel calendar. So I rang the doorbell to hand one over personally. His wife opened the door, but rejected my gift. Some time later I read in the newspaper that they were celebrating their diamond anniversary. I went there again, and once more the wife opened the door. After congratulating them and wishing them GOD's blessing, I again raised the subject of The Gospel. Unfortunately, their reaction was negative: they did not need the Gospel, they had so many other things.

So many other things may fill our lives, but they are insufficient to ensure us a peaceful death and afterlife in eternity. Whoever rejects CHRIST JESUS will learn how terrible it was not to want HIM. Just as JESUS cared for the people of HIS own day and their eternal security - like a hen with her chicks - HE exhorts us today to take refuge in HIM in good time.

Taken from The Good Seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment