Monday 4 November 2013

★ Say Just One Word!

I am The LORD. I speak, and The WORD which I speak will come to pass. - Ezekiel 12: 25

When JESUS once again came into the town of Capernaum, a delegation of prominent leaders of the Jewish religion met HIM. They requested HIM to heal a sick man who was dying. Who was the man? He was only a servant. And who was the servant's master? A heathen officer. How would JESUS react? HE had been sent only "to the lost sheep of the house of Israel" as HE stated later. (Matthew 15:24).

What had this foreign centurion done to deserve such a favor? Nothing at all. He had no doubt shown much benevolence towards the Jews, as they testified by telling JESUS that he was worthy of such treatment "for he loves our nation and has built us a synagogue" - Luke 7:5.

The centurion himself, however, sent others to tell JESUS something quite different: "I am not worthy that YOU should enter under my roof. Therefore I did not even think myself worthy to come to YOU." Then his faith revealed itself: "Say the word and my servant would be healed". One word would be suffice. If JESUS said it, he was sure his servant would be cured. JESUS marveled at this: HE had not met such faith in Israel;  so how could HE remain unmoved? The messengers of this man, who was full of faith, returned and found the servant in good health.

It has been said that faith honors the heart of GOD and GOD honors faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment