Thursday 28 November 2013

♥ Faith Makes People Renounce A LOT!

A group of people were speaking derisively about the Christian faith. They asserted that anyone who lived according to The BIBLE had to renounce so much in life.

"Yes", replied one Christian who was present, "I can confirm that. I know from experience. We do indeed go without a lot though believing". He then recounted what was now missing in his life. He continued by saying:

"First, a nagging conscience and an uneasy heart, for GOD forgave me everything when I became a Christian. HE granted me HIS peace."

"Secondly, I lost my bad reputation. Boys in the street used to make fun of me, but now they don't, because I no longer reel about drunk."

"Thirdly, I have lost my shabby suit and my slovenly appearance, because I used to spend all my money on alcohol instead of caring for my family and dressing decently."

"You do lose a lot when you are converted to Christianity. But I find that my loss really has meant an inestimable gain."

"If anyone is in CHRIST, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new."(2 Corinthians 5:17).

Taken from The Good Seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment