Thursday 7 November 2013

♥ His Small Daughter's Prayer!

Before they call, I will answer;  and while they are still speaking, I will hear. - Isaiah 65:24.

A freethinker had held an address before a large congregation. He had attacked faith and poured scorn on those "naive people" who still believe in prayer. Suddenly a man in the audience stood up and asked for permission to speak.

"You see before you a man who was once one of the most wretched man in the whole town. I was addicted to alcohol and gambling. I used to beat my wife. I was nothing but a lout. My wife and daughter were terrified whenever they heard me enter the house. Yet my wife prayed for me for years on end. And she taught our young child to pray for her father too.

"One evening I returned home earlier than usual. This time I was not drunk. When I opened the door, my wife had just gone upstairs to put the little one to bed.i kept quiet and pricked up my ears. My small daughter prayed,"LORD, save my dad. Please, LORD JESUS, save my dear dad!"

They did not know that I was listening. I left the house without making a sound. I was thunderstruck. Was I still  "dear dad" to my child?  I do not think I had ever given her a kiss up to then. I was choked. Desperately I prayed, "LORD, help me! Answer my child's prayer!" And The LORD did answer.

"Today I am grateful for the strength that GOD gives me to be a proper husband and father. We are now a happy family. That is why6i believe in GOD, for HE does hear and respond to prayers."

Taken from the book, The Good Seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment