Saturday 9 November 2013

♥ My Way To GOD!

We can do nothing against the truth. - 2 Corinthians 13:8

I spent my youth in the former Soviet Union. There I read lots of books that opposed the Christian faith. But on one day the question crossed my mind: If GOD does not exist, why all these efforts to resist HIM?  In our communist society the whole system -schools, the media, science and arts - fought against the faith. How were Christians able to maintain their assurance of faith and their peace, although they were ostracized? My own parents' example was always before me: they were committed Christians.

One day I decided to accompany them to a Christian gathering. During the sermon I considered the question: How can anyone pray to some they cannot see? It seemed absurd to me. Nevertheless the question plagued me.

Six months later I again heard a Christian preacher and was touched by the Gospel. Then I was overwhelmed by persuasive thoughts not to give way. The thoughts said, "If you get involved in the Christian faith, you will have to give up everything. You will lose your friends. Your studies and your prospects for the future will be frittered away." However I knelt down and my tears flowed - not for what I would lose, but because of the newly found knowledge that The great GOD loved me immensely. I called on HIM asking HIM to forgive my unbelief and my sins. And GOD answered me. HE granted me forgiveness and peace!  Now it was no longer an assumption that GOD might exist. I knew it. And I also knew that JESUS was my SAVIOR and my dearest LORD.

Taken from the book, The Good Seed.

How many times do we believe in things that we have not seen? We believe because some great people said so. How much greater is JESUS?  How much more should we believe in HIM?

Inspired by The HOLY GHOST. 

No comments:

Post a Comment